Terre des hommes Romania is looking for a long-term national facilitator conducting the Child Advisory Group meetings on challenges and needs of initial assesment of children & youth in conflict with the law from Detention Facilities and Child Protection System in Romania.
The facilitator will provide the services of organizing workshops with CABs (Child Advisory Board) within the FOCUS project having the following work tasks:
- Development of materials (based on the thematics provided by Tdh) for workshops (1 day / workshop, 3 workshops per month, 8 months) - 24 days in total.
- Organization of 24 of workshops (3 workshops per month, for 8 months between April - December 2021) - 24 days in total.
- Monthly preparation of the report of the workshops (1 day per month, 12 months) - 8 days in total.
- Write a detailed report reflecting the main findings during the facilitation sessions at the end of the project. The report should have approximately 5-6 pages long – 5 days.
61 days in total.
The following general cross-cutting principles will guide the processes:
- The principle of “the best interests of the child” (Article 3, Child Right Convention) should be of primary consideration in all actions affecting children, whether undertaken by public or private social welfare institutions, courts of law, administrative authorities or legislative bodies.
- The principle of “non-discrimination” (Article 2, CRC) whereby all key-principles and fundamental rights enshrined in the CRC apply to all children, irrespective of race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status.
- The principle of “child participation” (Article 12, CRC) acknowledges the right of children to express their views freely in all matters affecting them, the views of the child being given due weight in accordance with the age and maturity of the child.
- Experts profile / Applicant Requirements:
- Long-lasting studies (master or PhD) in social sciences (sociology, social assistance, psychology, political science etc.) or law;
- Proven experience in conducting needs assessments to feed into strategic and operational planning, particularly in the field of juvenile justice and strengthening child protection systems and in working with professionals/administrative personnel;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups, including children;
- Excellent command of English;
- Knowledge of juvenile justice system in Romania and at the global level represent an asset.
- Roles and responsabilities
To ensure the smooth implementation of the mandate, the consultant will be in regular contact with Tdh Romania. This will include online meetings, communication via email, and through Skype discussions.
Tdh Romania will provide assistance to the experts in contacting the key informants and provide logistical support as needed.
The consultant must sign the Terre des hommes Foundation’s Global Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy and be willing to adhere to its principles and expected practices. If a breach of the policy or code of conduct takes place the consultancy will be terminated immediately without any financial burden on Tdh.
- Specific conditions
Financial offer include all costs and fees related to the execution of the tasks. Payments will be made on the basis of a Service Contract with a legal entity, monthly, after signing the act of receiving and handing over of the monthly report.
- Application process
The application file must include:
- A brief description of the legal entity and a list of studies performed;
- Criteria for evaluation and selection of application dossiers:
- Level of expertise of the applicant;
- Relevant previous experience;
Interested experts are requested to send their application package by the 28th of March at 09:00 am. Documents can be submitted electronically to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the complete Terms of Reference in the document attached below.