Terre des hommes Romania is recruiting an Intern to work for the Access to Justice Programme in Bucharest. The ideal candidate is a student in law, social sciences or other relevant discipline and he/she is passionate about the field of justice.
If you are looking for a meaningful internship that will make a lasting impact on children and youth lives, we want to meet you!
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over four million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova, and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level. During the last years, the organization continued to build on its experience in Access to Justice (A2J) by piloting new methodologies in order to contribute positively to the personal development, rehabilitation and social reintegration of children and youth deprived of liberty, and by promoting restorative measures.
The A2J Intern will provide support for different projects within the programme and will work alongside Project Managers in the implementation of activities. The A2J Intern will be an integral team member and will participate in the development of Tdh intervention to advance work for children and youth (C&Y) who come in contact with the criminal justice system.
Currently, the A2J Programme at Tdh Romania implements or is preparing to implement four projects:
- i-RESTORE 2.0 – For Accessible Quality Restorative Justice processes for Children in Contact with the Law in Europe.
- Project implemented in Romania, Greece, Estonia, and the Netherlands.
- Implementation period: October 2022 – September 2024
- PRECISION 2 – Promoting Wellbeing and Reducing Recidivism of Juvenile Offenders in Romania.
- Project implemented in Romania.
- Implementation period: January 2023 – December 2024
- iACCESS My Rights – AI-driven support for a smart justice with children in Europe.
- Project implemented in Romania, Bulgaria, and Greece.
- Implementation period: January 2023 – December 2024
- Data MOSAIC – Data for Monitoring and Safety of Imprisoned Children.
- Project implemented in Romania, Bulgaria, and Ireland.
- Implementation period: March 2023 – January 2025
- Assist in the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of project activities, completing all necessary assignments in a timely manner;
- Provide logistical and administrative assistance to the A2J Project Managers, as well as experts and consultants;
- Liaise and assist colleagues from the Communication, Logistics, Finance and MEAL departments for a smooth implementation of projects’ activities;
- Assist with practical arrangements connected to project activities (travel, visa requests, accommodation, meeting venue bookings, local transport arrangement, interpretation, etc...);
- Assist in initiating purchase orders and follow up on payment and reimbursement procedures;
- Organise and keep projects documents and files up-to-date (activity planning, official reports, expertise and other documents, outgoing and incoming correspondence, contact lists);
- Conduct desk-reviews and data analysis about different topics related to the field of justice, whenever requested by the A2J Programme Manager;
- Enrolled in a university degree in Law or Social Sciences or another relevant subject from an accredited educational institution
- Proven experience in extracurricular activities
- Passionate about the justice system in general, and juvenile justice in particular
- Pro-active and driven to make a change in the lives of C&Y who come in contact with the criminal justice system
- Curious about the Programme Cycle Management
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “A2J Intern, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.