Terre des hommes is recruiting a dedicated, energetic, and experienced Training Officer, to join its team in Bucharest, to support in the implementation of our projects.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
Watch Tdh impact around the world.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection, migration, access to justice and health projects, we support more than 4 million children and their families in more than 40 countries each year.
Working in Romania since 1992, Terre des hommes is dedicated to child protection, being especially active in supporting the children affected by migration and ensuring fair and friendly access to justice for minors. We mobilize communities to prevent risk situations and we collaborate with social workers, teachers, and other professionals to protect children. We help them participate in making decisions that concern them, we invest in education, health, social services, and infrastructure in order to improve life of disadvantaged children in Romania.
The Training Officer is responsible for designing, delivering and evaluating trainings and capacity building initiatives.
The Training Officer autonomously guarantees and manages the daily decisions and actions to be taken within their intervention domain, in cooperation with the project managers and programme managers.
- Coordinates and keeps track of all training activities assigned to the person.
- Conducts training needs assessment.
- Designs, coordinates and delivers training programmes (tailor-made according to the project requirements);
- Develops training methodologies and curricula (with innovative training approaches) in consultation with the team, trainers and associates;
- Identifies the opportunities for the use of technology in training programmes such as webinars, coaching via Teams/Zoom and e-learning modules;
- Maintains accurate training records;
- Submits training implementation and progress reports to project managers;
- Liaises with partners and academic institutions to develop methodologies, increase quality of training and to share good practices;
- Contributes to the strategic development of the delegation training portfolio
- Knows and implements the policies on security, child protection and fraud prevention;
- Helps ensure the correct flow of operational information within the delegation;
- Within its field of activity, strengthens and develops synergies with governmental institutions, other NGOs and local organizations
- Educational studies: University degree from an accredited educational institution in Social Science /Development Studies / Social Work or related field; Trainer Certificate ANC
- Minimum 3 years training experience, specifically on child protection topics, child rights, safeguarding, or migration, or juvenile justice
- Capacity to lead and facilitate training events and deliver training content
- Ability to communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer, advisor or technical consultant
- Capacity to establish and maintain productive relations with a range of actors from different backgrounds;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals to effectively meet project goals;
- Good computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications
- Ability to travel to rural communities
- Preferably to have a driving licence
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Training Officer”, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.