Terre des hommes Romania is recruiting Social Workers and Social Technicians for the emergency response for the refugees’ crisis, in Romania. The ideal candidate has experience in social work interventions, child protection, emergency interventions, social protection.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
Ukrainian nationals who are affected by war are encouraged to apply.
We are flexible regarding the start date, but we would prefer as soon as possible.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
To respond to the refugee crisis, Terre des hommes (Tdh) is hiring social workers in Bucharest and Brasov, to provide essential child protection, psychological support, information and referral services to children, youth, mothers, and other vulnerable people who have been displaced from Ukraine. Tdh will also deliver capacity-building services to local service providers and community and volunteer groups on child protection, safeguarding, trafficking risks and similar needs. In addition, Tdh is planning to distribute kits (hygiene kits, dignity kits etc.) based on necessities to address immediate and basic needs.
The social worker provides assistance and support for refugee children and families in those institutions where the refugees are accomodated. Applies the methods and tools of social work according to the personality, condition and needs of the beneficiaries.
Explores individual problems and needs, performs personalized assistance and does administration tasks in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The social worker creates a close cooperation with other professionals working in the team (eg psychologist, social worker, interpreter, animator) and with the staff members of the host institution.
- Carries out personal social work with recipients referred to him / her, in the framework of which he / she regularly consults with the Project Manager, Team Leader about the directions of the help work;
- In the case of a new beneficiary, if possible, get acquainted with previous records related to him / her (interviews with him / her, case diary, etc.), collect available information about him / her
- Carries out its work with the goals and directions formulated together with the beneficiary in mind, with the reflection, planning and, if necessary, redesign of the assistant strategy and the specific steps belonging to it;
- Provides information on their rights, obligations, available services, social benefits, programs, etc. - performs social administration
- Participates in the discussions held by the Project Manager, Team Leader and incorporates the knowledge, lessons learned, opinions and opinions expressed there into his / her work
- Documents the information obtained in the course of his/her work and the entire care process in accordance with the rules of professional work of Tdh and other relevant regulations and reporting obligations
- Minimum 2 year of experience in working and supporting people from vulnerable groups
- Preferably University degree in Social work, Sociology, other relevant studies to social support activities; Post-Secondary School degrees can be considered if the candidate has the relevant experience in the social work field
- Previous experience in working with children
- Preferably experience of working in a large international organization; experience in NGOs or in social enterprises would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills; proficiency in spoken and written Romanian and Russian/Ukrainian, or English and Russian/Ukrainian
- Flexibility, availability, and adaptability
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to email@example.com
Please include “Social Worker, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.