Terre des hommes Romania is establishing mobile teams to provide emergency help to refugees from Ukraine, both at the border crossings and other locations where refugees are relocated/accommodated. We hire:
- Translator / Interpreter of Ukrainian/Russian languages to Romanian or English (Ukrainian nationals affected by war are encouraged to apply)
Deadline for the application: Apply as soon as possible. Vacancies remain open until they are filled.
WHAT WE DO
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for children and youth, especially those most exposed to risks, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 40 countries, Tdh works with its own teams and/or local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which significantly improve the daily lives of over four million children and members of their communities every year, with a focus on mother and child health, migration, and access to justice for children.
In Romania, Terre des hommes has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and Social inclusion of minorities.
- Immediate availability for 3-6 months
- Preferably: certificate to exercise the profession of Translator/Interpreter
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in emergencies is a plus
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups is a plus
- Flexibility in terms movements within country
- mandatory languages Russian / Ukrainian; and at least one of the languages English or Romanian
- Computer skills: Microsoft office
If you are interested and meet requirements, please send your CV and motivation letter in English, and diploma/certificate to the email: email@example.com Please include in the subject line your name and the position you apply for.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.