Terre des hommes is looking for a proactive, energetic, and organised Project Officer, to join its team, in Bacau, Romania, to support in the implementation of its projects.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over four million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level.
Working under the direct supervision of the Access to Justice Programme Manager, the Project Officer will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Fablab Tg. Ocna, in Bacau county. He/she will ensure the implementation of all project activities as set out in project documentation and the delivery of project results and outputs on-time and within scope.
The Project Officer provides methodological and technical support to project teams for the work related to project monitoring and evaluation and information management.
- Take lead role for the planning, implementation, and monitoring of all project activities (trainings, workshops, webinars, meetings, etc) and delivery of outputs and results while ensuring donor and Tdh compliance guidelines are met.
- Follow Tdh PCM guidelines for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation under the direction of programme and country leader(s).
- Ensure proper design of M&E tools, continuous tracking, and evaluation of project’s performance.
- Design, review and update relevant project tools, such as schedules, workplans, forms, databases when required.
- Together with Logistics department, completes necessary logistics procedures.
- Contribute to and participate in strategic planning and project design.
- Liaise with Communication Coordinator to ensure visibility of project activities in compliance with donor guidelines.
- Establish partnership agreements with schools, high schools, local businesses and entrepreneurship and local public administration from Bacau county in order to facilitate the integration of the young people on the job market.
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in Social Science / Statistics / Development Studies / Social Work or related field;
- 3 years’ experience in project implementation and organisation of project activities
- Experience in conducting research and/or assessments in the field of justice and/or child protection, education
- Experience in NGO work, in the field of child rights, juvenile justice and social inclusion programs is a strong asset
- Experience in coordinating and supporting monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Experience in data collection, interview, focus groups, etc.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to learn, apply and comply with donor and reporting requirements
- Experience in writing research reports, combining various research instruments
- High computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications and ability working with mobile data collection programs; advanced knowledge of Excel and data visualisation program
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to email@example.com
Please include “Project Officer”, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.