You are a strong Project Manager professional. You are energetic, meticulous and organised, with a strong experience in criminal justice, child protection, social protection and/or development aid. If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact, this challenge is for you.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level.
This post holder will manage two projects related to juvenile justice domain.
FOCUS Project – Working Together for a Child-Centered Justice. The project’s main objective is to ensure that children in contact with the law, as victims and offenders, receive individualised care and have access to personalised support and responses, by promoting the implementation of robust and multidisciplinary individual assessment practices, including through restorative justice processes.
i-RESTORE Project – Better Protecting Child Victims Rights through Restorative Justice.The project aims at promoting the use of Restorative Justice in cases involving child victims by improving knowledge amongst national stakeholders on child-victim friendly Restorative Justice and empowering children to advocate for better protection of child victims. By adopting an innovative approach as it gives a voice to children, through Child Advisory Boards, to become stronger advocates to better protect child victims’ rights, i-RESTORE proposes to look at Restorative Justice from the perspective of child victims.
- Responsible for the effective and qualitative implementation of project activities and for reaching project outcomes, ensuring high standards;
- Responsible for steering the consortia of (international) project partners and internal team members; coordination and technical assistance;
- Responsible for reporting to the donor and project & budget monitoring;
- Sound liaison with local authorities, local NGO’s, community groups and beneficiaries;
- Ensuring all communication process in the project, internally and externally;
- Responsible for implementation of Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy by Tdh and partners as well;
- Maintaining close communication with the lead applicant and the other partners;
- External communication, networking and advocacy.
- Relevant university degree in Law from an accredited educational institution
- 3+ years of the experience in designing and conducting projects in the area of Justice for children
- Experience or sound understanding of child participation processes
- Experience in Criminal Justice, Child Protection, Social Protection and/or development aid
- Knowledge and experience of working with or in large international organizations; experience in NGOs or in social enterprises would be an asset
- Strong knowledge and practice of Programme Cycle Management, ideally on European Commission funded projects
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Experience in contributing to projects with team members located in several countries
- Excellent communication skills; high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Flexibility, availability and adaptability
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Project Manager, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Child Safeguarding Policy: To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
GDPR compliance: By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All
the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.