Terre des hommes is looking for a proactive, energetic, and organised Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, to join its team in Bucharest, Romania, to support in the implementation of its projects.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over four million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level.
Together with Quality and Accountability Coordinator, this role supports the delegation in design and implementation of quality & accountability within projects and programs implemented by the delegation. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer provides methodological and technical support to project teams for all the work related to project management, information management and support in the decision-making processes of the key stakeholders.
As part of monitoring and evaluation team, the M&E Officer:
- Oversees and manages high-quality data collection, analysis, and syntheses;
- Develops (baseline) data collection tools and monitoring methodologies;
- Develops monitoring plans in line with donors and organisational request;
- Guides field staff to collect data (against project indicators) and understands monitoring tools
- Analyses data gathered for reporting, organisational learning, new project proposal writing;
- Coordinates internal and external evaluation activities on projects:
- Coordinates the planning of monitoring and reporting for all projects;
- Participates in project proposal development to oversee logical framework and indicators setup;
- Supports the team in developing donors reports and internal monthly and annual reports
- Builds capacity of colleagues in monitoring, evaluating, reporting and capitalizing & learning;
- Documents and maintains M&E database;
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in Social Science / Statistics / Development Studies / Social Work or related field;
- Experience in coordinating and supporting monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Experience in data collection, interview, focus groups, etc.
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative analysis skills to improve programme quality;
- Excellent writing skills and ability to learn, apply and comply with donor and reporting requirements;
- Previous experience in measuring (evidence-based) outcomes and/or evaluating programmes;
- Experience in writing research reports, combining various research instruments
- Experience in NGO work, in the field of child rights, knowledge of migration, juvenile justice and social inclusion programs is a strong asset;
- High computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications and ability working with mobile data collection programs; advanced knowledge of Excel and data visualization program; Ability to travel to rural communities.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “M&E Officer”, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.