Location: Romania – contract with Terre des hommes Romania, the contractor must be able to issue invoices with tax registration
Period: July 2021
Number of pages to translate: 90
Deadline to apply: June 20, 2021 -- recruitment is on-going until the consultancy is filled
ABOUT TERRE DES HOMMES
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for vulnerable children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in around 40 countries, Tdh works with its own teams and/or local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which significantly improved the daily lives of over four million children and members of their communities in 2019, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief.
Terre des hommes Hungary, together with Terre des hommes Romania, Brave Phone from Croatia, CIM from Serbia, SAPI from Bulgaria launched a two-year EU-funded project entitled “REVIS: Responding to peer violence among children in schools and adjacent settings”. Started in January 2021, the project is implemented in four countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, and Serbia with the aim to:
- prevent, combat, and respond to peer violence among children in schools by transforming social and gender norms and behaviours.
- create space for children to challenge social and gender norms that lead to peer violence and to become agents of change able to develop sustainable solutions that address violence.
Objectives of the consultancy
- To translate from English into Romanian a training curriculum focused on shifting norms around violence in schools;
- To translate around 90 pages (this is an estimate and it might change by the time the consultancy starts in July) within the first 3 weeks of July 2021.
Candidates can apply as:
a) An individual service provider, able to issue invoices with tax registration in Romania;
b) An agency/a company, able to issue invoices with tax registration in Romania.
Candidates should have:
•At least 3 years' experience working with translation services;
•Excellent language skills in Romanian and English, preferrable with official certification;
•Experience in translating materials related to children’s rights, child protection, gender-based violence, or school-related violence against children;
•Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines;
•Flexibility, availability, and adaptability.
1. An updated CV (if you wish to apply as a company, please submit the CV of the person(s) in charge)
2. A Cover Letter (if you wish to apply as a company, please submit a short description of the company)
3. Price offer
Please include “REVIS, Call for Translation Services, your name and surname/name of the company” in the subject line of the application email.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Applications will be analyzed by three evaluators and final scores will be given, using the following criteria and ratio: 70% for quality of the proposal (proven skills and proven experience) and 30% as the financial offer (overall cost and cost-effectiveness).
Child Safeguarding Policy: To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Gender & Diversity Policy: To commit to respect Tdh Gender & Diversity Policy.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh Romania is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.