Terre des hommes Romania is recruiting a Programme Manager to lead the initiatives for ‘Access to Justice’(A2J) programme at country level. The ideal candidate has strong experience in criminal justice, child protection, social protection and/or development aid.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
Deadline for the application: 5 th of May 2022
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level. During the last years, the organization continued to build on its experience in Access to Justice (A2J) by piloting new methodologies in order to contribute positively to the personal development, rehabilitation and social reintegration of children and youth deprived of liberty, and by promoting restorative measures.
The Programme Manager takes part in the creation of the intervention strategy for the country and its implementation, in collaboration with the country lead(s). Ensures the good development of various projects within the designated programmatic areas (primarily A2J and collaboratively - Protection) and assists with the development, implementation, and adjustments of projects strategies to achieve their goals. S/he plays a key role in building the country’s knowledge and network, coordinating with the programme’s stakeholders, identifying financial resources and grants, leading and contributing to proposal development in collaboration with the country leader(s) and the team. S/he contributes to the growth of the programme and ensures organizational efficiency through participation in the design, development, implementation and management of all work related to the programme.
- Responsible for the effective and qualitative implementation of project activities and for reaching project outcomes, ensuring high standards
- Participates in the planning of the new project proposals
- Ensures that appropriate technical knowledge is available to project staff
- Actively participates in capacity building initiatives including basic and advanced training with a view to supporting and coaching programme professionals and community members
- Responsible for steering the consortia of (international) project partners and internal team members; coordination and technical assistance
- Ensures sound liaison with national authorities, research centres, local NGOs, community groups and beneficiaries
- Follows Tdh PCM guidelines for the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Leads the development of situation analysis in selected programmatic areas
- Ensures all the communication process in the project, internally and externally, with the lead applicant and the other partners
- Responsible for the implementation of Tdh’s Child Safeguarding Policy by project partners
- Identifies, builds and manages a network of experts and partners at national & international level to support the A2J programme development and fundraising
- External communication, networking and advocacy
- Relevant university degree in Law from an accredited educational institution
- 5+ years of the experience in designing and conducting projects in the area of Justice for children
- Experience or sound understanding of child participation processes
- Experience in Criminal Justice, Child Protection, Social Protection and/or development aid
- Knowledge and experience of working with or in large international organizations; experience in NGOs or in social enterprises would be an asset
- Strong knowledge and practice of Programme Cycle Management, ideally on European Commission funded projects
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Experience in contributing to projects with team members located in several countries
- Excellent communication skills; high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “A2JProgramme Manager, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.