Terre des hommes Romania is recruiting a Project Manager to coordinate the initiative “NOROC in Educatie”. The ideal candidate has experience in child protection, education, social protection and/or development aid.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level.
This post holder will manage NOROC project, that aims to improve the quality of educational services from rural areas in 5 counties and decrease the risk of school drop-out for children at risk, improve the quality of educational services. The project is implemented by Terre des hommes, together with two partners (national and international).
The Project Manager is responsible for fulfilling the objectives of the project and for carrying out the activities at a high-quality level, within the stipulated time and within the limits of the resources allocated to the project.
- Ensures the communication with the partners within the project and the observance of the obligations deriving from the partnership agreements and from the financing contract.
- Coordinates project management meetings and other work meetings
- It is responsible for communicating with the program operator.
- Ensures the administration of the project budget in accordance with the applicable internal procedures and with the conditions of the donor, in collaboration with the financial manager.
- Prepares the technical reports and collaborates with the finance manager for the preparation of the financial reports.
- Implements advocacy activities to local public authorities to ensure the sustainability of services provided within the project.
- Sound liaison with local authorities, local NGO’s, community groups and beneficiaries
- Ensuring all communication process in the project, internally and externally
- Responsible for implementation of Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy by Tdh and partners as well
- Relevant university degree in a related field (Sociology, etc.)
- Certification in project management (ANC certificate).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management (project design, logical framework preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, budget management, etc.)
- Experience in Child Protection, Social Protection and/or development aid
- Knowledge and experience of working with or in large international organizations; experience in NGOs or in social enterprises would be an asset
- Strong knowledge and practice of Programme Cycle Management, ideally on European Commission funded projects
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills; high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Flexibility, availability, and adaptability
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Project Manager, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.