Terre des hommes Romania is recruiting a Project Manager to coordinate the initiative “NOROC in Educatie”. The ideal candidate has experience in child protection, education, social protection and/or development aid.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
WHAT WE DO
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for children and youth, especially those most exposed to risks, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 40 countries, Tdh works with its own teams and/or local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which significantly improve the daily lives of over four million children and members of their communities every year, with a focus on mother and child health, migration, and access to justice for children.
In Romania, Terre des hommes has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and social inclusion of minorities.
The post holder will manage NOROC project (funded by FRDS - Fondul Roman de Dezvoltare Sociala), that aims to improve the quality of educational services from rural areas in 5 counties and decrease the risk of school drop-out for children at risk, improve the quality of educational services. The project is implemented by Terre des hommes, together with two partners (national and international).
The Project Manager is responsible for fulfilling the objectives of the project and for carrying out the activities at a high-quality level, within the stipulated time and within the limits of the resources allocated to the project. Responsible for the team that s/he is coordinating (including a Project Assistant).
- Ensures the communication with the partners within the project and the observance of the obligations deriving from the partnership agreements and from the financing contract.
- Coordinates project management meetings and other work meetings
- Manages the project team from Tdh Romania and coordinates with staff assigned to the project from partners in the consortium.
- It is responsible for communicating with the program operator.
- Ensures the administration of the project budget in accordance with the applicable internal procedures and with the conditions of the donor, in collaboration with the financial manager.
- Prepares the technical reports and collaborates with the finance manager for the preparation of the financial reports.
- Implements advocacy activities to local public authorities to ensure the sustainability of services provided within the project.
- Sound liaison with local authorities, local NGO’s, community groups and beneficiaries
- Ensuring all communication process in the project, internally and externally
- Responsible for implementation of Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy by Tdh and partners as well
- Relevant university degree in a related field (Sociology, Education etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management (project design, logical framework preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, budget management, etc.)
- Experience in Child Protection, Education, Social Protection and/or development aid
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills; high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Flexibility, availability, and adaptability
- Desired experience and qualification:
- Certification in project management (ANC certificate)
- Knowledge and experience of working with or in large international organizations; experience in NGOs or in social enterprises would be an asset.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Project Manager NOROC, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
In the motivation letter please mention your salary expectations.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.