Terre des hommes Romania is recruiting Team Leader to coordinate the mobile teams for the emergency response for the refugees’ crisis, in Romania. The ideal candidate has experience in child protection, emergency interventions, social protection.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
Send your application as soon as possible. The job remains open until position is filled.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
To respond to the refugee crisis, Terre des hommes (Tdh) is deploying fixed and mobile teams to transit, reception, and refugee centres in Bucharest to provide essential child protection, psychological support, information and referral services to children, youth, mothers, and other vulnerable people who have been displaced from Ukraine. Tdh will also deliver capacity-building services to local service providers and community and volunteer groups on child protection, safeguarding, trafficking risks and similar needs. In addition, Tdh is planning to distribute kits (hygiene kits, dignity kits etc.) based on necessities to address immediate and basic needs.
The Mobile Team leader is responsible for the overall management of the assigned mobile team for the emergency response Ukraine Crisis and quality of activities within emergency mobile team. S/he will be in charge of ensuring the coherent planning and implementation of mobile team’s activities as well as their monitoring and evaluation, reporting. S/he will ensure representation, networking, coordination of TDH with local authorities, partners, host communities, beneficiaries, and others.
- Under the coordination of the Project Manager for Emergency Response, contributes to the programme development on Emergency Response and develop detailed monthly/weekly implementation plans
- The Mobile Team Leader is autonomously and directly accountable for all daily decisions and the supervision of all logistics, financial, overall operational and technical aspects of the mobile team in line with guidance given by Emergency Project Manager
- S/he guarantees their correct implementation in conformity with contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with the Terre des hommes’ procedures and management standards.
- Takes part in the definition of operational needs of the population that TDH assists, in coordination with the emergency response Project Manager
- Plans activities s/he is in charge of and oversees their implementation; manages and supervises the associated resources
- Regular field visits to monitor the activities and their quality in compliance with proposals and in liaison with M&E department
- Develop and maintain plan of activities in collaboration with the Emergency PM, on regular basis, about the performance of the project.
- Relevant university degree in a related field (Sociology, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management (project design, logical framework preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, budget management, etc.)
- Experience in managing teams
- Experience in Child Protection, Emergency response, Social Protection and/or development aid
- Knowledge and experience of working with / in large international organizations; experience in NGOs or in social enterprises would be an asset
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills; proficiency in spoken and written English
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Flexibility, availability, and adaptability
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to email@example.com
Please include “Team Leader, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.