Terre des hommes is looking for a proactive, energetic, and organised Logistics Officer, to join its team in Bucharest, Romania, to support in the implementation of our projects.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
We are flexible regarding the start date, but we would prefer as soon as possible.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over four million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
To respond to the refugee crisis, Terre des hommes (Tdh) is deploying fixed and mobile teams to transit, reception and refugee centres in Bucharest to provide essential child protection, psychological support, information and referral services to children, youth, mothers, and other vulnerable people who have been displaced from Ukraine. Tdh will also deliver capacity-building services to local service providers and community and volunteer groups on child protection, safeguarding, trafficking risks and similar needs. In addition, Tdh is planning to distribute kits (hygiene kits, dignity kits etc.) based on necessities to address immediate and basic needs.
Our ideal team member will have excellent organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
Under the supervision of Logistics Manager, the Logistics Officer is responsible for the effective provision of daily administrative services to the programs and support activities related to overall office stock administration, operations, logistics, according to the legislation and donors’ requirements.
- Ensure logistics management of the projects and control that provisioning is carried out according to the set planning
- Supports in monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the projects (stock and supply of material, transport, communications, vehicles equipment/installation etc.)
- Ensures compliance of Tdh standards, protocols, and procedures, and reporting to the Logistics Manager on the development of the ongoing programmes
- Identify the needs, select the suppliers, and maintain updated the budget tracking systems
- Maintenance and management of a suitable stock of office stationery/supplies, household
- Organize logistics for trainings, conferences, and other events.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of financial processes.
- Creates and keeps updated a budgeting support folder based on market analysis.
- University degree in administration, logistics, management, finance, or another relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in office management, admin and/or logistics field, prior experience in working in an NGO will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Romanian), with strong attention to details;
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organise, prioritise, and follow through on multiple tasks
- Fully conversant with usual IT tools (Microsoft 365)
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to email@example.com Please include “Logistics Officer”, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.