Terre des hommes is recruiting a proactive, energetic, and organised Logistics Manager. S/he will join the team in Bucharest, to support in the implementation of the emergency project dedicated to the Ukrainian refugees and also to the regular projects already ongoing.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection, migration, access to justice and health projects, we support more than 4 million children and their families in more than 40 countries each year.
Working in Romania since 1992, Terre des hommes is dedicated to child protection, being especially active in supporting the children affected by migration and ensuring fair and friendly access to justice for minors. We mobilize communities to prevent risk situations and we collaborate with social workers, teachers, and other professionals to protect children. We help them participate in making decisions that concern them, we invest in education, health, social services, and infrastructure in order to improve life of disadvantaged children in Romania.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Logistics Manager will define and implement all supply and logistics strategies to Tdh Romania and in particular to the Logistics team. Provide support to the programmes/projects, ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics and supply programmes, adequacy of the means provided and the full compliance of Tdh standard, protocols, and procedures in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimise the impact of the projects
- Ensure Logistics management of the projects and control that provisioning is carried out according to the set planning.
- Responsible for monitoring the implementation of Logistics activities in the projects (Supply of goods and services, Transport, Stock, Communications, Vehicles, Equipment, Premises, etc.) ensuring compliance of donors’ and Tdh standards, protocols and procedures.
- Organize the procurement processes, carrying out sourcing market assessment and ensuring the implementation of Tdh purchasing procedures.
- Draft framework, goods and service contracts, and follow-up for their renewal.
- Reporting to the Country Director on the development of the ongoing Logistics activities and proposing reorientation strategies when needed.
- Ensures good level of communication with other Departments.
- Supervises recruitment, training and management of the Logistics team according to the identified needs.
- Responsible for ensuring installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and storage facilities in an adequate working condition as well as all the equipment required.
- Ensure quality of stock management and reporting.
- University degree in Logistics, Procurement or another related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Procurement and Logistics procedures, preferably in an NGO (international or local).
- Experience in managing diverse Procurement and Logistics operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, and to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and follow through on multiple tasks and staff.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Fully conversant with usual IT tools (Microsoft 365).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Romanian), with strong attention to details.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com
Please include “Logistics Manager”, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.