Terre des hommes is hiring a Finance and Admin Manager to join the team in Bucharest. The successful candidate speaks English and Romanian fluently, holds a degree in accounting or finance and has well-honed experience in small to medium grants management.
If you look for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact in the lives of children, we want to meet you.
We are flexible regarding the start date, but we would prefer as soon as possible.
Terre des hommes Foundation, a member of the International Federation Terre des hommes, is the largest international child rights NGO in Switzerland established over 60 years ago. We operate in over 40 countries with over 100 projects of development aid and emergency impacting over 4 million beneficiaries annually. In Europe our direct assistance projects, strengthening systems and advocacy activities are primarily focused in the areas of access to justice and migration. Terre des hommes has seven offices established in Europe (Moldova, Romania, Ukraine, Hungary, Albania, Greece, and Kosovo,) and is also engaged in projects with partners from other European countries and beyond.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level.
The Finance and Admin Manager is responsible for the efficient management of all financial and administrative activities of Terre des hommes operations in Romania. S/he is accountable for the financial follow-up, reporting, internal procedures, accurate and timely cash management and management of external and internal audit processes.
The Finance and Admin Manager directs all accounting function at the country level and is given core oversight of the budget to ensure that the country programs achieve cost recovery targets.
- Directs and organises the administrative and financial service of the delegation and field offices (general accounting, administrative and budget management) in close collaboration with the Country Representative, and Senior Management Team Members.
- S/he is the direct interface between Tdh Romania and/or field donors as regards to financial reporting. In his/her capacity, the Finance Manager reports to the Country Representative and Finance Controller (HQ) and provides multi-base, multi-donor and/or multi-partner supervision and follow-up for the projects.
- S/he is responsible for the implementation of the strategy and the development and managerial coordination of the administrative teams under his/her responsibility.
- S/he is able to make independent decisions and actions in his/her field of activity.
- S/he supports and validates the quality of the work done by the team as regards to Tdh’s mandate, commitments and international standard.
- University degree (Master or equivalent) from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field (finance, management, accounting, law etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial management capacity, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to uphold high standards and punctuality under pressure
- Team leadership experience
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and experience working with an automated accounting and finance software
- Strong oral and written English and Romanian required.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to email@example.com
Please include “Finance Manager”, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.