Terre des hommes is looking for a proactive, energetic, and organised Finance and Admin Officer, to join its team in Bucharest, to support in the implementation of its projects.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over four million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova, and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level.
The Finance Officer, in coordination and cooperation with the supporting staff, and under the direct supervision of the Finance and Admin Manager, is responsible for the execution of financial and accounting tasks in order to meet legislative requirements and support operations at the delegation. S/he has the direct access to the confidential information, such as financial reports and data, budget of the delegation, bank statements, and the responsibility for accurate the maintenance of the office’s records. A professional sense of security, confidentiality, and proper representation is paramount to the job profile.
- Maintains accounting records on daily basis; ensures recording of entries (cash, bank, accruals and corrective transactions for the office and partners financial reporting), allocations of costs to different donors’ contracts and directs monthly accounting reports to the Finance Manager.
- Performs budget follow-up by ensuring that the expenses are related to respective activities and any overspending is settled within acceptable period; coordinates with the Finance Manager in monitoring and use of the office budgets.
- Checks partners’ financial reports and controls the proper use of the funds in conformance to all Tdh and donor financial procedures.
- ensures recording of partners’ financial transactions (cash, bank, accruals and corrective transactions in SAGA database) and allocations of costs to different donors’ contracts, based on group accounting chart.
- Ensures preparation of draft financial reports for Terre des hommes donors and presents them to the Finance Manager.
- Collaborates with the Finance Manager in preparing and participating in financial audits;
- Takes part in the drafting of the mission's contractual documents (in collaboration with the local authorities, partner OSI and local NGOs, suppliers, rental agreements, etc.) within their areas of expertise.
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field (finance, accounting, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in office management, financial assistance, and finance procedures, preferably in an NGO (international or local)
- Experience in working with budgets, cash flow statements, financial plans, and developing financial reports
- Experience with donor formats and requirements is a strong asset: (ex. Knowledge of Swiss and EU donor regulations)
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and experience working with an automated accounting and finance software
- Strong oral and written English and Romanian required.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to email@example.com Please include “Finance Officer”, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.