Terre des hommes is looking for a proactive, energetic, and organised Communication Officer, to join its team in Bucharest, to support in the implementation of the projects.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
We will be reviewing applications and interviewing on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience to not miss out.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection, migration, access to justice and health projects, we support more than 4 million children and their families in more than 30 countries each year.
Working in Romania since 1992, Terre des hommes is dedicated to child protection, being especially active in supporting the children affected by migration and ensuring fair and friendly access to justice for minors. We mobilize communities to prevent risk situations and we collaborate with social workers, teachers and other professionals to protect children. We help them participate in making decisions that concern them, we invest in education, health, social services and infrastructure in order to improve life of disadvantaged children in Romania.
The Communication Officer will be supervised by the Communication Manager and will collaborate closely within the communication team.
Communication Officer plays an important role in developing Terre des hommes’ profile in the country and supports in managing the overall communication activities on project level, ensuring consistency of communication across the projects and alignment with Tdh’s regional and global communication strategy. The Communication Officer develops and publishes material in support of Tdh’s local and global objectives.
Implements and monitors general communication activities:
- Implements the communication strategies of the projects of the delegation (shared responsibilities with the existing communication officer)
- Develops and produces content such as articles, social media posts, newsletters, contributes to project publications and communication reports;
- Assists with the organization of communication events, when necessary
- Supports the production of visual resources (photos, videos, etc.);
- Ensures compliance with the regulations, administrative and logistics procedures at the delegation, donors and governmental requirements.
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in Journalism / Communication / Philology / Marketing;
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in content creation and working with creative freelancers (photographers, videographers)
- Demonstrated experience of managing social media channels; good knowledge of social media (at least Facebook)
- Excellent writing skills (Romanian and English);
- Highly organized, with scrupulous attention to detail; Hands-on, proactive attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a high degree of integrity and professionalism;
- Collaborative working style: good team player but with demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Fully conversant with usual IT tools.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to email@example.com
Include “Communication Officer”, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Please make sure your CV and motivation letter (max. 1 page) clearly outline how you think you are the best fit for the job and why this job (communication for an NGO dedicated to child protection) is the appropriate choice for you.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.