Start date as soon as possible.
Contract local, full-time employment contract, for 8 months (maternity cover)
Location Hungary (Budapest) – preferred, or Romania (Bucharest), or Greece (Athens)
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly in Hungary, Albania, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova, Greece and Ukraine.
In Romania, children are affected by migration in different ways: some children migrate with their parents or are left at home, while others return or come here for the first time from conflict-ridden countries. Together with our partners, we make sure that Roma migrant students are integrated into the educational system of their host countries. To facilitate the integration of refugee children in Romania, we get them involved in educational, social and sports activities and connect them with the young people here.
The Children and Youth in Migration (CYM) Regional Program Coordinator (hereinafter RPC) is responsible for the development and steering of the CYM program at the regional level (regional, sub-regional, national, and local level). More specifically, s/he leads a business line and supervises the CYM program at the regional level, guarantees its contextualization and coordinates its integration into the matrix organization of the region. S/he ensures the deployment and management of the regional strategy of the CYM program, respecting the principles of programmatic alignment, as well as ensuring adequate geographic contextualization and high-quality project implementation, as well as the securing of the necessary resources (financial and human) in this region. S/he also contributes to the steering of the program through the implementation and monitoring of programmatic indicators linked to the Theory of Change of the global CYM program (which integrates cross-cutting themes). By doing this, s/he follows a logic of integration, programmatic focalization and alignment, and contextualization.
S/he is responsible for ensuring the respect for policies, regulations, and processes in force in the Foundation in all the operational activities deployed by the collaborators who are linked to her/him, directly or indirectly.
- The RPC must contribute to the most effective, efficient, and sustainable deployment of the Program in the Europe region to contribute to the achievement of the ambitions of impact set out in Vision 2030 and reflected in the 2021-2024 strategy.
- S/he organizes the structuring of the program and supports its operations at the regional level and that of the country or multi-country delegations, in close collaboration with the Europe portfolio.
- S/he contributes to the global strategy and dynamics of the CYM Program by working closely with the members of the program team outside the regional scope (HQ, other regions) and by promoting interregional collaborations and ensuring the lead of cross-functional projects.
Program development – including support to business development, and project coordination
- S/he leads the network of migration focal points within Europe multi-country teams and regional hub
- S/he develops the design/programming of the overall CYM Program in Europe Portfolio, supervises the project proposals concerning all levels of intervention (regional, transnational, national, local) and ensures their adequacy with the programmatic vision and CYM Theory of change and technical guidance.
- S/he directly supervises the implementation (operational and technical) of multi-country and regional projects led by European Tdh offices.
- She supervises the monitoring-evaluation and capitalization of regional, sub-regional and/or multi-country, and the evaluation/capitalization of national projects.
- S/he contributes to the annual activity report of the migration program in Europe zone, and writes or supervises the production of narrative reports to be submitted to donors financing the projects and actions of the program in the region.
- S/he controls the quality and alignment of migration interventions in Europe.
- S/he delivers – within his/her resources -, technical support to migration related interventions within the region, in close coordination with migration focal points and Q&A.
- S/he leads, conducts, or facilitates migration related capacity development activities in the region, including through blended approaches of face-to-face training and coaching, online learning and exchanges, etc.
Knowledge management and regional expertise development
- S/he coordinates the production, management and sharing of knowledge related to her/his field of activity in Europe, ensuring accessibility and dissemination of institutional and personal knowledge internally and externally.
- S/he leads the development of migration programming specific and contextualized analysis, studies, guidance, methodologies, and tools in close coordination with the global CYM team and regional focal points.
Partnerships, representation & advocacy
- Within the scope of her/his responsibilities, s/he develops and represents the CYM program within the regional and national Tdh teams, as well as within the framework of partnerships and during contacts/collaboration with various networks or external actors, including donors. Upholds the good reputation of Tdh as a leading organization on migration in the region, recognized and sought by all stakeholders for its technical expertise.
- S/he supports the implementation of the CYM advocacy priorities (in coordination with Tdh International Federation, Destination Unknown, Initiative on Child rights in the Global Compacts), a learning & development strategy and a coherent and integrated partnership strategy at international, regional, sub-regional and national levels.
- S/he supervises collaborators under her/his responsibility, is responsible for recruitment within the team and for providing support throughout the collaboration.
- S/he ensures good management practices that respect Tdh values.
- S/he ensures the proper matrix functioning with the various departments in the regional context (programs, operations, technical resources, administration-finance, human resources, fundraising and communication), in close collaboration with their representatives at the regional level or at HQ.
- Minimum Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Migration studies, political sciences, etc.) from an accredited educational institution.
- 5+ years of experience in child protection and/or migration
- Solid understanding and experience in child protection and migration, with a particular emphasis on migration dynamics in Europe
- Good knowledge of networks active in the field of migration and development, child protection, combating the exploitation of children and combating trafficking in children
- Experience in programme steering and expertise development, including the development, operational implementation, coordination, monitoring / evaluation and capitalization / knowledge management
- Experience in proposal development and donor engagement
- Deep knowledge of European migration context, european and national legislations
- Ideally, the candidate will have already carried out similar work in an NGO or in an organisation working at an international level.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships at all levels within the organisation in pluridisciplinary and multicultural teams or through networks and alliances;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic thinking, with an openness to change and a taste for innovation;
- High-level representational skills;
- Self-motivated, with skills to support and advise others;
- Able to manage high volume of work flow efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency to operate Microsoft Office 365 suite: Word, Excel etc.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “position name, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Please indicate in the motivation letter your preferred location of employment (Hungary, Romania or Greece) and your earliest start date.
Incomplete applications and applications arriving after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.