Terre des hommes is recruiting a dedicated, energetic, and experienced Advocacy Specialist, to join its team in Bucharest, to support in the implementation of our projects.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
Watch Tdh impact around the world.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection, migration, access to justice and health projects, we support more than 4 million children and their families in more than 40 countries each year.
Working in Romania since 1992, Terre des hommes is dedicated to child protection, being especially active in supporting the children affected by migration and ensuring fair and friendly access to justice for minors. We mobilize communities to prevent risk situations and we collaborate with social workers, teachers, and other professionals to protect children. We help them participate in making decisions that concern them, we invest in education, health, social services, and infrastructure in order to improve life of disadvantaged children in Romania.
The Advocacy Specialist will work together with project managers to ensure high quality, timely and effective services for the projects’ outcomes and objectives. Work involves creativity, initiative, multi-tasking, and exercising problem solving skills.
- Contributes to the mapping of the main problems regarding how to approach the best interests of foreign minors encountered in Tdh’s areas of intervention;
- Contributes to the research and updating of practices regarding the application of the minor's best interest determination;
- Contributes to the creation of a thematic working group at the level of Romanian organizations practicing in the field of migration;
- Contacts public institutions to obtain support and to maximize the impact of the projects;
- Contributes to the establishment and promotion of the Consultative Forum of Migrants among the organizations and institutions with responsibilities in the field of migration.
- Contributes to the organization of a social media campaign to inform unaccompanied foreign minors.
- Monitors policy developments and debates at national and EU level on issues of interest to Tdh
- Writes position papers and advocacy messages
- Informs national and European institutions about the results of the research and public policy proposals in the field of migration, through mailing campaigns, webinars, and annual newsletters.
- University degree in a relevant field (public policy, social-political sciences, human rights, international relations, international development, etc.);
- At least 2 years’ experience in designing and executing advocacy initiatives (related to human rights, children’s rights, accessibility to continuous and quality education)
- Good research skills; has contributed to writing accessible and high-quality reports, developing policy positions addressed to international organizations.
- Proven experience in working with civil society actors on social/ development topics;
- Familiar with Romanian and EU legislation and regulations in the field of human rights, education, migration;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently;
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Advocacy Specialist”, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.