Terre des hommes is looking for a proactive, energetic, and organised Administrative Assistant, to join its team in Bucharest, to support in the implementation of its projects.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over four million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova, and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the effective provision of daily administrative services to the programmes at the delegation and supports the activities related to the overall office administration, operations, and logistics.
- Office management- check on invoices, filling in appropriate forms, organizing flights and accommodations, issuing purchase requests
- Logistics and Guests Management
- Liaising with suppliers, maintain office stationery
- Arranges necessary logistics/ administration for project activities such as meetings, workshops, trainings etc.
- Participates in team meetings and supports the team in document and minute writing
- Supports other team members according to needs, in agreement with supervisor
- Preferably 1 year of experience in office managment and logistics procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize;
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills;
- Receptive, inquisitive, capacity to question and propose new ideas and pragmatic solutions;
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff;
- Strong interpersonal and team skills; ability to build relationships and trust;
- Capacity to take initiative and be decisive, work under pressure, respect deadlines;
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Strong oral and written English and Romanian
- Fully conversant with usual IT tools.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Admin Assistant, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.