Terre des hommes Romania is recruiting a Project Manager to lead the project PRECISION 2 in Romania. The ideal candidate has strong experience in criminal justice, child protection, social protection and/or development aid.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children and youth, we want to meet you.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over four million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova, and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level. During the last years, the organization continued to build on its experience in Access to Justice (A2J) by piloting new methodologies in order to contribute positively to the personal development, rehabilitation and social reintegration of children and youth deprived of liberty, and by promoting restorative measures.
The Project Manager will lead the project PRECISION 2, which continues the work already laid in phase 1 of the PRECISION project. Similar to phase 1, PRECISION 2 will be implemented in Craiova Detention Centre, Tichilesti Detention Centre, Targu Ocna Educational Centre and Buzias Educational Centre with the main goal of offering to children and youth (C&Y) the necessary support aimed at decreasing recidivism and at successful rehabilitation in society.
PRECISION 2 is a two-years project with a 506.188 CHF budget, funded by a Swiss Donor, and the work in the project will commence in January 2023.
The Project Manager is also expected to coordinate intervention with the rest of the colleagues within A2J Department and to take on other justice initiatives that will arise within the department.
- Creates the intervention strategy for PRECISION 2 and takes care of its implementation in collaboration with the representatives of the four Educational and Detention Centres
- Responsible for the effective and qualitative implementation of project activities and for reaching project outcomes, ensuring high standards
- Ensures that appropriate technical knowledge is available to project staff
- Liaise with colleagues from the Communication, Logistics, Finance and MEAL departments for a smooth implementation of project activities
- Designs a financial forecasting for the project and it is responsible of all expenditures of the project
- Ensures sound liaison with different stakeholders, partners, counterparts, and particularly with the donor of PRECISION 2
- Follows Tdh PCM guidelines for the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Ensures all the communication processes in the project, internally and externally, with other colleagues and partners
- Responsible for the implementation of Tdh’s Child Safeguarding Policy by project partners
- Identifies, builds and manages a network of experts and partners at national & international level to support the A2J programme development and fundraising
- Participates in external communication, networking and advocacy
- Takes on other justice initiatives that will arise within the department.
- Relevant university degree in Law or Social Sciences or another relevant subject from an accredited educational institution
- 3+ years of the experience in designing and conducting projects in the area of Justice for children
- Experience or sound understanding of child participation processes
- Experience in Criminal Justice, Child Protection, Social Protection and/or development aid
- Knowledge and experience of working with or in large organisations; experience in NGOs or in social enterprises would be an asset
- Strong knowledge and practice of Programme Cycle Management
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills; high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to email@example.com
Please include “Project Manager A2J, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.