Terre des hommes is looking for a proactive and dynamic professional to join its team in Bucharest, Romania. The successful candidate speaks English and Romanian fluently, holds a relevant degree in accounting or finance and has well-honed experience in small to medium grants management. The working language is English. Line Management: Country Representative
Duty Station: Bucharest, with 10% travel to Bacau and Craiova. Working time: 8 hours/day
Starting date: May 2017
We offer an initially 1,5 years labor contract, with a possibility of extension (replacement during maternity leave)
- Directs and organises the administrative and financial “service” of the delegation and bases (general accounting, administrative and budget management) in close collaboration with the Country Representative, and Senior Team Members.
- S/he is the direct interface between the delegation and the headquarters and/or field sponsors as regards to financial reporting. In his/her capacity, the Coordinator reports to the Country Representative and provides multi-base, multi-sponsor and/or multi-partner supervision and follow-up for the projects.
- S/he is responsible for the implementation of the strategy and the development and managerial coordination of the administrative teams under his/her responsibility.
- S/he is able to make independent decisions and actions in his/her field of activity. Die folgende übersicht gibt die halbwertszeiten https://ghostwritinghilfe.com für die vier zerfallsreihen an?
- S/he supports and validates the quality of the work done by the teams as regards the Tdh mandate and commitments and international standard
Knowledge, Attitude and Experience Required
- A BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance required; advanced degree preferred. - At least 3+ years of progressive financial management experience, including supervisory experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in grants management. Knowledge of Swiss and EU donor regulations a strong asset.
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial forecast, financial reporting preparation and presentation.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
- Strong organizational skills and a proactive attitude.
- Prior experience of sub-grantee management required.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs – Advanced Excel required.
- Effective communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong oral and written English and Romanian required.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team and with beneficiaries with diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Prior experience in NGOs, especially with children, an asset. Protection attitude a strong requirement.
Please send your CV and Letter of Intent (both in English) to vacancy@tdh. ro, no latter than 28th of April 2017, with the Subject line “Finance & Compliance Manager”.
Individuals identifying themselves as Roma are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Background on Terre des hommes
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 50 years, defending their rights regardless of their race, creed or political affiliation. In over 35 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mother’s health and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises.
In Romania Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level. The current team is composed of 18 staff consisting of a delegate, a finance/HR/Admin team, a programmes team and a knowledge management team.
More information may be obtained on our websites: ;